Thursday 20 February 2014

An Ambassador's Experience: Promoting Permaculture at a Seed Swap Event


by Lausanne Tranter

member of the Permaculture Association


On the 1st of February, I attended a fantastic Seed Swap on here in my hometown of Hull. We were invited to have a stall there to promote Transition Hull and I had my first outing as a Permaculture Ambassador with an adjoining table to the Transition one! I am delighted to say it proved to be popular! Most of the promotion literature was snapped up, there was a lot of interest in the Introduction to Permaculture course which is taking place on 1st and 2nd of March at the same venue. We also had eight people sign up to our Transition e-mail list. 



As well as the Seed Swap there were short talks on various subjects. Mary Clear came to talk about Incredible Edibles, Beverley Bee-keepers talked about bees. Other topics were Edible herbs and flowers, Mushroom logs, both of which I attended. The "Secret seed Society" was also present, which involves children in growing and cooking their own food. There was even a demonstration in the kitchens on cooking your own "takeaway"! 

I have to say I have never seen so many seeds or varieties. All in all it was a truly fantastic afternoon. Today I found out today that the Introduction to Permaculture course has enough folk enrolled on it to ensure it will run, which is great news!

My next event is approaching, and I am looking forward to telling you more about my adventures as Permaculture Ambassador in my next post!

Lausanne.






1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this - so much in so few words, all really encouraging. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete